Links

24.2.18

Till I Die



I will cheer you up
Every morning, I will sing your favorite songs
The ones that makes your hands clap
And your sour hips wave
Sometimes I look in your eyes
Searching for that weakness
That piece of pain you've kept hold of
All these years just so I won't lose it
Then again, like all else
You gave up your youthful self
All the men knocking on our door
Buying me biscuits and chocolates
And all the toffees
The late night groanings
After you let them go away
You use to be without doubt
The most beautiful optimist
That I happen to sink your ship of dreams
Even now so!
With every bit of wrinkle and tire
Even now so!
You walked me down the aisle
And cried unto the preaherman to bless me
The only thing left in your life
I became the only reason you kept trying
Cleaning floors after drunkards and liqours
As the struggles of the day extended the night.
So till I die, I will cheer you up every morning
Count every tear you kept hold of
And replace them with your smiles.
Take you out on expensive dates
In beautiful colours and places
And dance my soul out with you
Till all the nights end

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

My Muse